Sunday, September 6, 2009

Kazakhstan from another perspective...

Just a quick note here. As I've mentioned before, there are plenty of Peace Corps volunteers with blogs similar to mine which I try to keep listed on the right hand column of this page. Recently, of note, my friend Hotard (Michael is his first name) received some very special visitors. His mom and brother from Georgia came out to Kazakhstan for a week-long visit. His mom has written a guest blog entry on his blog which accesses Kazakhstan from a very different perspective than what I can provide right now. Her opinions are probably very similar to what anyone from America would experience upon visiting this country for the first time. I strongly suggest that you all check it out - it's a very real experience of a week in our lives.

I also have the blogs of friends and family who aren't in the Peace Corps because although they may not be living in Kazakhstan, I like to think they're doing some pretty cool things and/or have entertaining and interesting things to say about life outside of Kazakhstan.

And, if you haven't figured this out already, internet is up and running and very easily accessible at the moment, so I hope to keep the flurry of blog posts coming (at least until I get too bogged down in my job as an English teacher to keep up).

No comments: