Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Wanted: Motivation

I've been a little stumped with the blog posts lately (as you may well have noticed). Having been in Kazakhstan a year already, things are sometimes seeming less exciting and less unfamiliar. But, our new volunteers will soon be shipped off to their permanent sites and it reminds me that this was all once very new and different. There was a time when it seemed like there were too many details to record and every little moment was an adventure. Basically, I'm having a bit of writer's block and am finding it hard to remember what people back home might (or might not) be interested in hearing about. I need fresh eyes. :)

So, I decided to write to you, dear readers, for some motivation. Ask me questions. Anything you'd like, from mundane to the complex. Whatever you find yourself hoping to read about when you visit this blog, ask me. I'd love to have some new topics to write about. And with a year's experience under my belt, I feel almost qualified to talk about them.

*I suppose this will also serve as a little test to see if anyone is still reading this blog? :)

8 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm still reading, still reading. As for a topic, tell us what sports or games your kiddos play over there. I mean, are they playing tether ball at recess? I doubt it. And, honestly, just love hearing about your day-to-day life.

stephanie renee said...

Has anyone there hit on you and if so please describe.

Michael Hotard said...

i've decided that my life is just as interesting as before, but it's just people rather than events are becoming exciting. rather than a series of short vignettes, life is a more complex story where the characters are crucial. but i don't feel comfortable blogging about people really.

yeah, tell us about a time someone hit on you in kazakhstan. ;)

who's your favorite male blastie?

ryan said...

Can you make a photo journal section. And take pictures of your daily life? I really enjoyed looking at the pictures, obviously because i have never been there, but because it helps place your words with a visual identity.

tell us more about your teaching style and what you are doing to keep the class interested?

Camille said...

I know! You write about all the reasons you love me! Like, just in a list would be fine. I think that's a good one. (I clearly have dropped off the face of the blogging earth so don't feel bad.)

Liz said...

What about pictures of the food? Where you buy it? As far as your students... I think it would be interesting to know what questions they ask of you being American. What is their perception of America and American teenagers? Glad to know you are comfortable enough with the area that it is routine for you now. Almost down to the last 12 months now!

John said...

Here's one for you: most random thing you miss that you didn't expect.

Kevin Ummel said...

Has your opinion of mankind improved or declined over the last year?