Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dragging my feet into the blogging world...

Alright, so I've never been a big fan of "the blog". Maybe it's the name? I mean just say the word out loud one or two times and pay attention to what your mouth does. Blog. Blog. It's verbal vomit. Or maybe it's the resounding belief that no one should have to submit themselves to hearing everything that I think. But, nonetheless, I've dragged myself here.

Why then, you might ask? Well, turns out my English degree turned me into a writer. Not in the way that you might think... I don't sit around and toil over the storyline for my next novel. But, I learned to process the world through this literary medium and I came out on the other side with a passion for writing (and reading). And while I may have been talented enough at this whole writing thing to get myself through my degree with minimal effort, it has been sitting at bay for the past twelve months post graduation, and it's struggling. (Not as much as the French I haven't used in a year and a half, but nonetheless, struggling it is) Thus, the blog.

Now, I'm done with analytic essays from every possibly perspective (Good riddance psychoanalysis!). Instead I figured I'd take up the writing that is me. So here I am, in all my glory, hoping to revive the writer's spirit within me while simultaneously exploring this life and offering my perspectives to those who care to listen. I don't offer the promise of profundity, in fact I aim to reject it.

So, feel free to come along for the ride, I'll try not to disappoint.

6 comments:

sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sarah said...

Are you paying royalties to MTV?

Just wonderin'...

Lauren said...

I'm in for the ride!

Unknown said...

the picture really captures how much dragging it took to get you here.

Ryan said...

According to Lailah's blog, I officially started blogging before you... but you have more to show for it. I'll go ahead and say right now that you are going to win this blogging contest, but I'll think of some other way I can beat you :)

Lailah Morris said...

Welcome sister, welcome.