Thursday, July 10, 2008

Gas Station Disaster

Welcome to my most embarrassing moment. I was telling this story the other day and I realized it just might be blog-worthy.

This was in college a few years ago. I had gotten sick and wasn't really feeling up to par and Friday came around. I had plans to go home for the weekend, so I got my stuff together and climbed into my car. I drove to the trusty Arco Gas Station (the most popular gas station in Davis because their gas was always 10 cents cheaper than everywhere else).

Being a Friday afternoon, Arco was packed. I pulled up to the pump, did my thing, and then went into the AMPM to grab a Gatorade for the ride home. After leaving the AMPM, I went back to my car, climbed inside and drove away - BANG! thud, click, crash, click, swishhh

Yes, that's right. I forgot to take the pump out of my car. As I drove away the pump snapped off and then flew across the pavement where it slid to a stop about 20 feet away. I had to stop my car, get out and the worst part is that I had to then walk across the pavement to pick up the pump and carry it back to the gas pump and hang it back up. I had managed to break the connector piece so it wouldn't reattach itself (much to my dismay).

By this time, everyone in the station is watching me and laughing. I then have to go into the AMPM and tell the not-so-competent employee what I had done. She then also laughed at me, and gave me an insurance form to fill out.

When it was all said and done, the whole incident cost me about $260, not to mention my dignity.

So, yes, if you're wondering if that ever REALLY happens... I'm afraid to say it does. :(

I guess it could have been worse...

No comments: