Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Peace Corps, Here I Come!

It's official. I received my Peace Corps Invitation this morning!

Country of Service: KAZAKHSTAN
Dates of Service: August 18, 2008 - November 7, 2010

I'm still taking it all in, and wading through the massive amounts of information that was Fed-Exed to me, but it's really happening. It's kind of crazy how much my world changed in a matter of hours. Before this morning it all felt very distant and intangible, but now it is suddenly very real. Holy cow! I'm leaving the country in less than 8 weeks!

Let the fun begin! Because you better believe I plan on making the most of these next two months...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay Jamie! Kazakhstan seems like an interesting place to live. Be sure to pack a warm coat, brush up on your Kazakh and beware of the Gypsys...

(I couldn't restrain myself from a Borat reference.)

Camille said...

Kazakhstanians (?) have no clue how lucky they are to have you...at least not yet they don't. I'm so excited for you. Woohoo! Oh man, are you gonna learn to speak Kazakh??? SO COOOOOOL!

Liz said...

Congrats!!! I agree with Cami- they are so lucky to have you! You will be fabulous!!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! You will be missed. :(

Just be sure to drink lots of vodka and you'll be alright!

sarah said...

uh... you don't expect us to believe that photo is really of Kazakhstan, do you?