Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pictures!

I'm having trouble with Picasa (google photo site) due to privacy restrictions on the Peace Corps computers, so I can't upload a lot of pictures, but I wanted to throw a few up here while I had a chance to finally put out some pictures from Kazakhstan! yay!


This is what a crowded bus on the way to Almaty is like...

View from my house in Almalybak of the mountains.

My running path... :)


Host Mom, Host brother Manarbek (the middle brother of 3) , and host Pops.



Dinner. :) Look at ALL that food!! Relatives came over for dinner. This is surprisingly typical of a dinner in K-stan. The guy on the far left with the yellow shirt is my oldest host brother (Azamat).





Our Jaguar and basketball hoop. Living the hard life...




I had to put in a picture of the trash... This is right by the view of the mountains from earlier.



Saturday afternoon activities for the locals...



My school in Almalybak. Yes, it's pink.




I used to pass this on my way to school in the morning (at my first host family). I had to take a picture.


3 of my 11th grade students.




A handful of my 8th grade students during an English competition at the school.


Three schoolgirls on the playground during lunch. They asked for our autographs...


My language class! (clockwise from bottom left) Seth, Katy (married from Portland, OR) Asel (our language teacher), AC (Marietta, Georgia), Leah (Flint, Michigan), and Jessie (Columbus, Mississippi, although she rarely claims it).

No comments: