Thursday, May 22, 2008

Peace Corps Update

It seems like nearly every day I have someone else asking me if I know where I'm heading for my Peace Corps service, or when I'm leaving. Believe you me, when I know... every one of you will know. For now, to keep the questions at bay, here's the latest:

- I completed all of my medical examinations, got a whole bunch of lab reports and doctors' signatures. I sent my packet to the placement office in DC a little over three weeks ago. I have not heard from them since then, in fact, until this morning I didn't know if the packet had even made it to DC.

- This morning, I received an update declaring that they received my medical packet as of May 21, 2008.

So, now I wait for them to review my medical kits, hope that they don't need any more information from me (which would certainly mean giving more blood and getting more shots - not to mention more waiting). Once approved, they will then start looking for a place to send me. And then I receive my invitation in the mail. We're looking at about a month or two before I know where I'm heading.

The "good" news is that they send the invitation at least six weeks before your departure date. So, I can start planning my future a minimum of six weeks before I leave. Argh...

No comments: