Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My SF Giants

So, they may not be the San Francisco Giants that I grew up cheering for. Oh how I miss those days with Matt Williams, Kevin Mitchell, Robby Thompson & Will Clark... BUT, they are still MY San Francisco Giants.

And maybe this isn't really their season, but they're still setting records and putting their names in the books. Find me another team this season that has accomplished both a TRIPLE PLAY




and STEALING HOME.



Or find me a team, period, that has accomplished both in a single season. And I am proud to be able to say that I witnessed one of these amazing feats. Yes, that's right. I took Ryan to the Giants game where Castillo, Durham and Bowker turned a fabulous triple play. How many people can say that they have seen a triple play live?

Nevermind the fact that the Giants lost that game in 13 innings (a very LONG 13 innings), you can forgive them that when you've just witnessed a triple play! :)

I'm trying to see as many Giants games as possible this season before I leave the country. So far I've got a record of 2-2 this season - I started thinking that I needed to stop going to games with Ryan because they were losing every game he attended. But the Giants did manage to pull off a fantastic win against the Tigers for Ryan's birthday on Monday, so I'm willing to reconsider. But I'm still wary...

My favorite Giants seats at AT&T park yet. Thanks Megan and Matt R.!

Bleachers! Can't beat the ambiance of screaming fans...

Triple play game! Go home San Diego.

We were surrounded by Detroit fans, but Bowker shut them up with his homerun. Happy Birthday Ryan!

Giants games with the family, just like old times. (Except this time Robby Thompson doesn't live down the street.) For those of you who don't know... Robby Thompson used to live on Oakview Drive in San Carlos (yup! MY street). On the day he moved, Ryan went down to his house and asked him to sign a ball. I was a wuss and too afraid to ask so I stayed home - still regret that decision.

So, if anyone feels like a Giants game this season... you know that I'm always up for it.

2 comments:

stephanie renee said...

I want to go. Anytime. Call me.

Sarah said...

I'd go to a game with you. Though I don't know much about baseball, and spend more time with my eyes wondering then actually on the game... I'd still go.