Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sasser Syndrome

I was explaining at a recent softball game that I suffer from "Sasser Syndrome". Everyone looked at me like I was crazy. I looked back at this group of Fantasy Baseball fanatics, especially Jason who knows practically every baseball trivia question in the book, and said, "You know, the catcher Mickey or Mackey Sasser, who couldn't throw the ball back to the pitcher?" They insisted I was making it up and no one had any idea who I was talking about (including Jason).

Unfortunately for me, my credibility had been recently questioned when I swore up and down that the 1989 World Series game was played in Oakland, not San Francisco (an honest mistake, I swear). So they all dismissed my allegation and moved on. Well... I hate being wrong (and rarely, RARELY am) so I just had to prove myself right!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mackey_Sasser

Yes, that's right. Mackey Sasser. :)

He's quite the looker, huh?

1 comment:

Kevin Ummel said...

On the plus side, Mackey seems to be cured now (http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/ny-spjim1208,0,476075.column). Still, a tragic story all around. Jamie's, too.